Sunday, November 3, 2013

St. George Training: Update #5 & Zion National Park

The past Monday to Friday was another big training block...I had my biggest 5 days of swimming in awhile (close to 20km), I re-visted lactate threshold intervals on the bike and on the run, I rode a total of 280km, ran a total of 50km, and had my second last 2hr+ brick run of the season! The highlights of my training were being able to do swim sets with pull/paddles on faster pace times than I could without them (that's never happened before, I've always needed my legs!), nailing all my power numbers in every bike session, being able to cycle for 10 minutes with one leg, finally being able to consume 250 calories/hour while exercising and negative splitting my 26km run. The lows of this past week of training were getting a flat tire (on the trainer!), taking 10 minute to change the flat tire (yikes!), having VERY tired arms after my epic pull/paddles swim set and feeling super sluggish in the pool for the 2 days afterwards, my knee pain that just won't go away :( I only have two more 6.5hr training days to go, then taper, then Ironman Arizona on November 17th and then the off season!!!

Today I decided would be a good day to visit Zion National Park. Unfortunately, I didn't dress warmly enough and I have zero tolerance for cold so I didn't see as much of it as I would have liked. I plan to make another visit before I leave, so hopefully I do get the chance.

Subscribe to my blog updates here.

Pictures from Zion:



More info about Zion National Park

1 comment:

  1. Looks amazing Miranda:) Keep up the amazing work!!! You are an inspiration!!!!! Julie, Timm and Dawson xo

    ReplyDelete