Friday, March 8, 2013

Time Trial Day!

Today, after my successful time trial up Mount Lemmon (yay!), I happened to have another epiphany. I started thinking about how far I have come in just 4 years...In January of 2010, my max 20 minute power was 182W or 3.1W/kg... and today, March 2013, I held 210W or 4.0W/kg for 50 minutes. I started thinking about the reasons that could have led to such an improvement..was it dedication and motivation on my part? maybe, but I had always been dedicated to my training. Was it that I am training more? yes, that might be a factor...but training more is only beneficial if you are training smarter, as well. I came to the realization that there was one main reason for my improvement that led to all the others. That reason is WattsUp Cycling.

So, my epiphany today, was about why WattsUp is so great. Some people think it's too "hard-core" and others think it's not "hard-core" enough. But the truth is that any person, beginner cyclist to professional athlete, can go there to realize their true potential as an athlete, and, in some cases, as a person. If you don't believe me, look around the studio the next time you there. You will see all sorts of people who exemplify what I am talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment